Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Linen Christmas

I'm lovin' linen this year!  I love the natural, rich feel.  Burlap has been big in decorating the past year, but I think it's too coarse and then there's the smell.  Linen has a soft feel with a great natural color that can be cool or warm.

When I saw the Christmas ornament pillows in Ballard Design this fall, I was immediately inspired.  I started with the obvious red and green combo.


OK, that's fun.  Then, I looked at the leftover fabric I had from my Sweet Harmony handbag from this summer.  Be still my beating heart!


Then a friend suggested a red bow.  Love, love, love!


I made about ten of the pillows.  Whew!  Linen is great, but slippery to cut, so I needed a break.  I scored some poinsettia-printed fabric at a Veteran's Day sale.  I really didn't realize how much I was ready to unfurl it for pre-washing.  Good grief!

But isn't it cute with the linen in this holiday tote?


And finally there's the poinsettia apron that was the mannequin's first modeling job.


I made extras to share with you too!  You can find them in my etsy shop.

14 comments:

  1. Very cute pillow love linen and the black and white. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I LOVE these pills! So cool!!
    Great Job!
    ~Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these holiday pillows. Look you have a new friend...it's ME!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are just darling! You are very creative and I love your pillows! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Your fabric choice is stunning....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ornament pillows those are darling.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your pillows, so cute! I would love to make one, if only I knew how to sew.

    having a giveaway if you're interested.

    http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - I love linen as well and have a lovin linen tea towel tute up. You might want to share this post on hte Holiday Home picture linky I have up - if it coems frmo a blog (not sale page) anyone can add up to 3 links for each category (gift, home decor or stockings)http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com/grown-up-crafts-hand-made-holidays-winter-home/ .
    Thanks for sharing - Happy to have found you blog, this is the kind of project I enjoy getting a good look at!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THEM! Im gonna make this to give away next christmas! THANK YOU for the inspiration. Im glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharing on FB...love these pillows! Your newest followers

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you attach them? I can't see the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.